Thursday, May 9, 2019

Yankee Candle Review: COCONUT BEACH Easy Melt Cup

find me on Blogspot!

Yankee Candle Coconut Beach

My Review for:   Yankee Candle- Coconut Beach

                 
Yankee Description: "A taste of the tropics—warm coconut blended with pineapple and Tahitian vanilla."
                                        
               Fragrance Notes: 
Top:  Salty Air, Pineapple 
Mid:  Fresh Coconut, Lei Blossom 
Base: Airy Musk, Tahitian Vanilla

This Is Not A Scent I Would Choose For Myself...

  • Mike got me this fragrance, back when he bought me my Scenterpiece. Had I smelled it in the store, I wouldn't have gone home with it. Coconut candles are severely lacking in my current stash. Coconut is tricky because I'm  picky. I look for authenticity & freshness. I don't want body care. I abhor candied shaved coconut as food AND fragrance.The notes seem perfect for what I want. FRESH coconut. Pineapple. Vanilla. What could go wrong?
  • Cold Sniff: It's a pleasant & rather mild body care/suntan lotion type of coconut note. Not my favorite, but it's an inoffensive beach scent. It smells more watery coconut than fresh coconut, The coconut note lacks depth & creaminess. I wouldn't cook w/ this coconut. I would wear it to moisturize or prevent sunburn. The musk in the base notes comes through, in what I call, the Aftersniff. THAT is what sends this fragrance into "body care/suntan lotion" territory.

To be honest, I find this to be a little boring. I've smelled it before, and I've smelled it done better.

Oh Well...Lets Melt This Sucker!
Yankee Candle Scenterpiece Melt Cup Owl



  • First off, the throw isn't great. I can barely smell it in my hallway after half an hour. It fills up my mid-sized living room "okay." It's another one of those scents you can get used to after 10 minutes.

Yankee Candle Coconut Beach Easy Melt Cup
  • Despite all the notes listed, there isn't a lot going on, as far as fragrance complexity. I pick up the musk, which is no longer an Aftersniff. It's front row center. It's so strong, I can't find the vanilla at all. There's nothing there to sweeten it. The musk overpowers everything, especially the pineapple, which I never would have guessed was in there. I think more "swimming pool locker room" than day at the beach.
  • I do seem to pick up a hint of something green, maybe floral. This must be the Lei Blossom peeking through. 
  • When you hover above the melt cup, the floral note is much more prominent. It comes through stronger than the musk. With my nose above the wax, I am reminded of Designer Impostor Perfume. This is more like a Designer Impostor Beach Candle. The closer you are, the less you can smell the coconut. The floral note doesn't carry due to it's weak throw and fragrance strength. My dollar store candle is better than this melt cup.

  • IF the floral note carried, it would have saved the scent, despite lack of pineapple. I'm disappointed by Coconut Beach. If you like musky, coconut tinged suntan lotion, you might like this. Just be aware both the throw & fragrance itself are weak. This will probably NOT fill your room with scent, unless you put it in a small bathroom. Maybe the candle performs better, but I don't like this scent enough to find out.


-Fragrance: 5/10       (less musk, more floral & pineapple needed!)
-Throw:       5/10        (good for small rooms)
-Overall:       C-



Yankee Candle perfect beach candles coconut pineapple mix
(My Perfect Beach Combo!)


Update: I burned my Warm Pineapple Upside Down Cake candle w/ Coconut Beach and the scent was perfect. The musk from Coconut Beach was softened and sweetened by Pineapple and Brown Sugar. Even though both candles have relatively weak fragrance strength, they worked beautifully together. My living room smelled like a bright, playful, blue-skied beach day. If only there was a Coconut, Pineapple & Brown Sugar candle out there... Yankee, get on it!


Until Next Time, my Illuminating Subjects!

💗The Candle Queen
The Candle Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment