Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Welcome to Smell This!

                     Welcome

                                   to The Grand Opening post for my new blog,
                                      Smell This


 Let me start by introducing myself. Call me the Candle Queen BUT I'm not just interested in scented candles. I love ALL scented products. I was blessed with a super sniffer, and I can pick up even the most subtle of scents. It's a blessing, yes... but it can also be a curse. Imagine, if you will, you can smell everything around you better than most people. It's great for stuff that smells GOOD, right? Unfortunately, not everything smells good.






For Example:  I can smell your stinky foot odor when you take your shoes off DOWNSTAIRS, and I'm upstairs. You think you are getting away with it, casually leaving those stinky sneakers at the door, but I can smell both the stink wafting from your shoes AND the smell of your stinky socks carrying their offensive odor upstairs to me. I am choking, as you take a seat across the room from me.

Some people have stinkier feet than others. I don't understand how, when someone has stinky feet, or BO, they walk around unaware. How is it that NO ONE has told them odor eaters & deodorant are their best friends? Is this the same scenario as when people don't tell you that you have food caught in your teeth? We live in a world where we avoid offending people at all costs, lest we look like anti-social, bitchy cave people with no social skills to speak of.

I like to think I'm fairly empathetic. I often can't even read, watch, or hear about sad/bad/disturbing things. I avoid TV Shows, Movies, and News that are too graphic, violent or emotional. Some say I'm missing out, and maybe I am. I can't help but put myself in the shoes of the people & characters that find themselves in dire situations. I feel distress, though I know  I am actually safe in my own home.
I have something called, "Emotional Intensity Disorder", which basically means I FEEL emotions very strongly. Too strongly. I'm hypersensitive, not just about myself, but about the world around me. This all brings me back to hypersensitivity about OTHER things, scent being one of them. I'm an empathetic person, yes, but I have no problem telling someone: they stink. I'd want someone to tell me if I stink. Please do me that favor! I know there are other people like me out there with even more sensitive noses than mine, and the last thing I want to do is smell bad.



I've always been into scented products. Because of my ADD, I never stick with any fragrance too long. I do have my favorites I keep coming back to. These scents are comforting, familiar, sexy, warm, exciting... triggered by experiences and memories. I have a love for Incense, especially Nag Champa, because of a prior relationship. I remember my early adulthood and what it smelled like coming home to the one you love. Even though my marriage ended, this is a scent that travels with me, to every apartment I have ever owned. My ex Husband wore Polo by Ralph Lauren. The one in the green bottle. I remember getting it for him every Christmas. To this day, I can smell it on anyone near me, and it fills me with a plethora of emotions. It's a scent that's too painful for me to revisit, though I appreciate the occasional encounter. It's quick enough that it sparks a familiarity, and nothing more. Nothing deeper. I almost can't handle it, but I probably can hold it together and not run-off or leave the room.

Where am I going with all this? Well.... I just want to let you in as to WHY this blog is important to me. Scent is personal, magical, painful, offensive, beautiful, enticing, heartbreaking... and so much more. A certain scent can bring you back to childhood, middle school, your first love, your wedding, any any other life-changing events you may have had. I want to share my love of all things scented. I want to give the best, un-biased, informative, thought provoking, and hopefully, INTERESTING reviews. There will be posts about candles, perfumes, body washes, plug-ins, lotions, air fresheners, fabric softeners and many, many more scented products to come! I hope I can help you make the best scent choices. I don't know how many people will actually read this blog, but I hope to connect with you. Let me earn your trust and I will not steer you wrong! If you have a product you want me to try or smell, please let me know, and I will try to review it. Whatever I can get my hands on, I will post about! I'm hoping eventually I can expand this Blog, and cover other products I love, (like clothing & cosmetics).


You are about to embark on a wonderful journey of the olfactory kind. Grab a cup of coffee, pull up a a seat, and get ready to SMELL THIS!

Until Next time,
💗The Candle Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment