Monday, April 29, 2019

Yankee Candle Review: Cafe Al Fresco Melt Cup

                   
Yankee Candle Cafe Al Fresco

My Review for:   Yankee Candle- Cafe Al Fresco

                 
Yankee Candle Description:  "The warm air of a bustling outdoor café kissed with sweet notes of cinnamon, coffee and a dash of caramel."

                                        
Fragrance Notes:
                                Top:    Cinnamon Sprinkle, Coffee
                       Mid:   Cappuccino, Frothy Milk
                                         Base:  Crystallized Sugar, Caramel Drizzle


Mike's Favorite Scent.

I'll admit that I'm quite late writing this review, as I have had this melt cup since Valentine's Day, and I'm just now sitting down to write the review. We've used it several times and even bought another one because this is Mike's favorite Yankee Candle scent.

Cold Sniff:  This definitely reads sweet. I'm getting sugar, cream, and mostly caramel. Not so much the cinnamon & coffee notes I was expecting. I am more reminded of maple syrup than any sort of coffee beans. I'm really hoping the coffee will be brought out when it's cooking in my Scenterpiece.

Lets Melt!

Yankee Candle Cafe Al Fresco cat modelIt doesn't take long for the predominately sweet smell to waft throughout my living room. The maple type of sweetness is now more of a confectionery sugar sweetness. Much less powerful than it was on cold sniff. It's a pleasant scent, and not at all overbearing. No maple-induced headaches here. Unfortunately, no roasted coffee bean notes either. This is not a cup of coffee with cream & sugar. Less cup of coffee, more Coffee flavored sugary beverage. Cup of caramel with a dash of coffee.

It's been almost an hour and Cafe Al Fresco's scent doesn't travel further than my living room doorway.  I occasionally get a vanilla note, wafting in and out of my hallway. The throw was stronger upon it's first use. I could smell it at the bottom of my stairs. Now that we've used half it's life, the throw is about a 6.5. Good for a Medium sized room.

If you are looking for a Muddy Waters, Downtown Burlington Coffee House smell, sadly this isn't it. It badly needs a roasted coffee bean note to balance out all that sugar. If you enjoy the smell of coffee drinks, like Frappes, Cappuccinos, and Lattes, this is right up your alley. For me, this is dessert. It wouldn't wake me up in the morning. If you know what to expect, and I hope I helped prepare you, you won't be disappointed. This Melt Cup does smell good, and it starts off with phenomenal throw. If you like sweet scents, go for it. You will probably love it.





-Fragrance:   6.5/10
-Throw:         9/10
-Overall:        B


Until Next Time, my Candle Subjects!

💗The Candle Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment