Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Yankee Candle Review: Sun-Drenched Apricot Rose

My Review for:   Yankee Candle- Sun-Drenched Apricot Rose

                 
Yankee Candle Description: "A full bloom scent of lush, orange apricot and soft petals."

                                        
Fragrance Notes:
                                                     Top:     Sun-Drenched Apricot, Nectarine Blossom
                            Mid:    Apricot Roses, Gardenia Petals
                 Base:  Sheer Musk, Soft Powder


Hello Peach. 

I'm not super familiar with Apricots. My only experience with anything Apricot scented was my Baby Apricot Strawberry Shortcake doll. She was a doll that blew you scented kisses when you hugged her/squeezed her belly, and I always thought she smelled sweet & wonderful. I also like Rose, Gardenia and Nectarines, so buying this candle seemed like a no-brainer.
Strawberry Shortcake Baby Apricot Doll

My first thought on cold sniff was, I didn't know Apricot and Nectarines would smell so peachy. Overwhelmingly peachy., Unfortunately, Peach lover I am not. That being said, I do believe this is a decent balance of Peach to Rose. It's approx 60% Peach, 40% Rose.I think I would like it more if the numbers were flipped. I want the Rose to came through more than the Peach/Apricot. Unless the Nectarine Blossoms also smell like peach, they are undetectable. Same thing for the Gardenia

My major problem with this scent is, the peach gives the rose a mustiness that isn't pleasant to my nose. Rose scents are tricky to do properly and mixing the wrong Rose note w/ almost any blend will send it to musty rose or old lady perfume category. This isn't the Rose Road I would have gone down, nor would I have used ANY sort of musk for it's base. Yankee needed a little greenery here to lighten up the heaviness. The more I search for it, the more I dislike the scent itself.

Oh well....Let's Light Her Up!

This is a candle that lightly fragranced my mid-large sized bedroom, without me having to close the door to trap the scent. The throw is about a 6/10. If I close the door, it will be about a 7/10, which might be too much for me to handle, considering I wasn't a huge fan on cold sniff.
The first note you smell is the Rose, infused with the Peach/Nectarine. The Rose floral note has dissipated some, though it becomes a bit much after a few hours, due to the musty note. I almost wish I could smell the powdery base, even though I tend to stay away from those types of candles. I think it would have REALLY helped balance things out.

The closer you get to the candle, the more you pick up the Rose. It's definitely Rose and not any other type of floral, so unfortunately the Gardenia still doesn't come through. You can't possibly mistake the Rose note for any other type of floral. The fragrance itself is STRONG, but the throw is not, which makes this candle pretty guest friendly. I actually got a compliment on this particular fragrance, from my guy friend, Geoff. I never would have guessed he would enjoy it enough to tell me my house smelled good. This is also a very pretty coral pink colored candle that will brighten up anyone's decor. If you like Peaches, you will probably like this candle. Me, I wouldn't buy it again. They should rename it Sun-Drenched Peaches & Rose if they want to present a candle that actually smells like it's name.




-Fragrance:   6/10   (smells like peaches)
-Throw:         6.5/10   (will lightly scent a medium sized room)
-
Overall:        C+


Until Next Time, my Candle Subjects!

💗The Candle Queen


No comments:

Post a Comment