Monday, April 15, 2019

Goose Creek Candle Review: Caramel Pumpkin Swirl

                
Goose Creek Pumpkin Caramel Swirl

My Review for:   Goose Creek- Pumpkin Caramel Swirl

                 
Goose Creek Description: "The heartwarming aroma of a home-made cheesecake drizzled with creamy caramel and harvest fresh pumpkin sauce."

                                        
Fragrance Notes:
                                             Top:    Buttery Swirl, Caramel
                               Mid:   Creamy Pumpkin
                                  Base:  Sweet Cheesecake


What Does A Cheesecake Candle Smell Like?

This is my first Cheesecake candle and I'm really curious what Goose Creek's Cheesecake note will be like. I have nothing to compare it to, so I'm flying blind here.

Goose Creek Artwork Candle Home Sweet HomeOn cold sniff, I can smell a blend of spices, sweet caramel, and a light dairy note that definitely reads cheesecake. I'm impressed  how well they captured that particular note. It isn't cake or pie, I can easily smell the difference. I think this was well done, but I have nothing to compare it to, so I don't know if another company makes a better or more authentic Cheesecake note. Because the cold sniff was fainter than I thought, I really hope this fragrance opens up upon Lighting.

Goose Creek Pumpkin Jar Candle
When lit, this is an attractive looking candle, with the flame dancing nicely over the hazel-brown wax color. This also comes as a novelty candle w/ a jar shaped like a pumpkin. I am a sucker for anything Pumpkin, and these jars are adorable. Goose Creek put all their pumpkin fragrances in pumpkin jars last year. I got the pumpkin jar for a gift, right after buying myself the exact same scent. The one I bought for myself was a larger sized artwork jar candle. It was rather hilarious actually. Now I have two of them, so I hope I really like this particular scent. I'll briefly mention the larger jar, I bought for myself, and how it has weaker scent strength and about a 6/10 for throw. In comparison to my pumpkin jar, this one was a poor imitation!

My little Pumpkin was much stronger than my large jar. It wasn't even close. It threw like a champ w/ it's fragrance strength taking over my entire living room. It took less than an hour to fill my mid-sized living room with it's gourmand deliciousness. My pumpkin jar has a richness to it's scent that my large jar lacks. My large jar isn't balanced as nicely, and the Cheesecake note comes through a bit sour or tangy. It lacks the strong spice & bakery notes, I get from my pumpkin jar.

I'm really happy Mike surprised me with the pumpkin jar because if I was reviewing my large jar, this would have been an entirely different review. I can't recommend the large jar. I just don't think you will get the whole Pumpkin Caramel Swirl Cheesecake Experience. I CAN recommend the pumpkin jar. I DO recommend the pumpkin jar. This is a nice, warm, autumn/fall Pumpkin scent STAPLE. It screams leaves changing color & days getting shorter, though you can burn it all year and mix/layer it with other scents for variety. It's a complicated scent and a joy to smell. Every time you smell it, if you pay attention, you will pick up different notes from Goose Creek's expert layering. It's a must for pumpkin & cheesecake lovers. It could use a tad more CAKE and slightly less dairy, but it's almost perfect. It's definitely not your average, everyday bakery cake/cookie candle. Expect different. Expect sweet. Expect drizzled. Expect Creamy. Expect that your going to like it.





-Fragrance:   8/10
-Throw:         9/10
-Overall:        A


Until Next Time, my Candle Subjects!

💗The Candle Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment