Saturday, January 12, 2019

Yankee Candle: RED APPLE WREATH


My Review for:   Yankee CandleRED APPLE WREATH

Size:  22 oz. Double Wick Tumbler


Yankee Candle Description: A happy holiday homecoming with the festive aroma of sweet apples, cinnamon, walnuts and maple. 

                                          
                                                      Fragrance Notes:
                                        Top: Golden Apples, Cinnamon Leaf, Clove 
                                        Mid: Apple Peel, Cracked Walnuts, Brown Sugar
                                        Base: Amber, Melted Butter, Maple Syrup, Vanilla








My Boyfriend Loves this scent!
I used to visit Yankee Candle all the time, when I loved closer to their shop in Downtown Burlington. As stated in my last post, I saw a really good deal (5/55$) on large candles, so I took them up on it. Out of the 5 candles I bought, this is the one my boyfriend liked the most. I had planned on giving one or two away as Christmas gifts. This was one my boyfriend INSISTED we keep. I have to admit, I am NOT the biggest fan of Apple-Cinnamon scents. I find them to be a bit overplayed and boring. Red Apple Wreath is primarily an Apple Cinnamon fragrance, but it isn't generic. People talk about the "warmth" element they feel when they burn this candle. There is a vanilla & nutmeg under-layer to the dominant apple-cinnamon notes that takes this away from being a Glade-plug in scent. It is definitely a warm & cozy apple. Not crisp and fresh. It's the type of spiced apple, warm from the oven, ready to be made into a pastry. The throw is excellent, as it fills the largest room in my house with it's soft sweet smell. It's the type of smell that permeates but doesn't dominate. It's always present but not nauseating nor headache inducing like a lot of "food-like" scents can be, because of the warmth from the vanilla. It's definitely a late fall-mid winter fragrance, perfect for the holidays. If you like apple-cinnamon scents but you want something just a little deeper, look no further. For those of you that like to play around with different scent combinations, I have burned, Luscious Pumpkin Trifle along with Red Apple Wreath. Luscious Pumpkin Trifle helped tone down the apple cinnamon, enhancing the notes of walnut, maple & vanilla. They work wonderfully together, If you want to try something different,(and you happen to have Luscious Pumpkin Trifle on hand!), you might want to try it.

-Fragrance: 7/10 (simply because of my dislike for apple-cinnamon)
-Throw: 8/10
-Overall: B+ 

Until Next Time,
💗The Candle Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment