Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January 29th, 2019

            

                           CANDLE THOUGHTS#1




   
 I wanted to write this while it was  still fresh on my mind....

blonde woman wearing glasses


I get mad a lot. It's not your everyday mad either. We affectionately call it, "Hurricane H******", and you don't want to be in her path when she starts blowing. Mike and I recently had a rather passionate discussion about Hurricane H******. I was telling him that Hurricane H****** is definitely a force of nature, but he's lucky he has never met Tornado H******. 
She is TERRIFYING because you get no warning. She comes out of nowhere and destroys everything in the vicinity, tearing it all to pieces, until there is only tattered remains. Sometimes, there's nothing left. Then, as quickly as she came, she retreats back into the sky from where she came, like nothing happened. Mike thought Tornado H****** wasn't as bad as Hurricane H******, but he was dead wrong. I know because I've seen her. I LIVED her.

This then lead to the question, which is more deadly, a hurricane or a tornado?
Well, of course we had to Google this, and we couldn't really come to an agreement. It's true, Hurricanes have killed more people, but they last much longer than tornadoes. Hurricanes bring floods... But I would still rather have a hurricane coming at me, than a tornado. I've always been terrified of tornadoes. I think this is why they've always fascinated me. I couldn't learn enough about them, I've watched Twister more times than I care to admit. I had a book all about them, with a menacing looking black F3 in the front cover. I read the whole thing, but became so scared, I couldn't even look at the book cover anymore. It gave me nightmares. I hid it under my parents bed and forgot about it, until we moved and we found it, many years later.

What in the world does this have to do with candles, you ask?

From time to time, I'm going to blog about some random thoughts, while burning one of my candles, I find this to be quite therapeutic, though I question if anyone will ever read this... Regardless, these are thoughts I have to put somewhere, so why not my blog?

I'm currently burning my wonderful Tranquil Mist, my most trustworthy candle. I picked it MOSTLY because of the Tranquil part. Aromatherapy is a real thing. It's nice to breathe in the light & musky floral scent, while my dog Scout cuddles up next to me. The anger dissipates and I become lighter and lighter as it fades away. Much like a hurricane. :-)

Even after Hurricane H****** happened, Mike came home with McDonald's. I noticed the bag was a bit heavy for just a Fish Filet. Lo and Behold, under my sandwich was a beautiful little pink candle! Not just any candle, it was a Yankee Candle that smells like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher.

Is it any wonder why I love this man? <3

Until next time,



The Candle Queen <3


No comments:

Post a Comment