Saturday, February 16, 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Yankee Candle Retiring/Discontinued Summer Wish Profile

Yankee Candle Summer Wish large jar

PROFILE:   Yankee Candle- "Summer Wish"  Scented Candle

AKA: (EU) A Child's Wish
Year of Release: 2014 (?)
Year Retired: N/A
Collection: Floral Candles

Yankee Candle A Child's Wish label

Description:

"A warm breeze of soft flowers and fresh green fields captures the sweet innocence of childhood days playing in the backyard." 

                                          



                                                          
Fragrance Notes:  fresh green notes, meadow, floral
                  Top: Apple, Pink Sugar, Blackberry
                                             Mid: Lily Of The Valley, Orange Blossom, Honeysuckle
                        Base: Amber, Cashmere, Cedarwood




Want to smell it? Be prepared to spend $20+ for a large jar.

A Child's Wish is a delicate scent, good for bedrooms & bathrooms. Light and aromatic fragrance. Guest friendly. There is something very special & magical about this fragrance. It will bring back memories from childhood, making you smile.



YANKEE CANDLE WEBSITE REVIEWS


  • Good smell but no throw

"while I love meadow showers, and this also has a clean fresh smell it has almost no throw. I can barely smell it. But, I have ordered nearly $2000 of products since just before Christmas with very few disappointments.The smell is terrific it just hard to smell. I am keeping because I don't the trouble of sending back but would not order this scent again."
   
  • My favorite!

"Summer Wish is a delicate, clean fragrance that fits anywhere in the house. It is my all-time favorite!"

  • Beautiful Scent!

"I first purchased Summer Wish when a friend's son sold Yankee Candles for a school fundraiser. Ever since then, I've been hooked! Fresh, lightly floral, clean. Makes my entire home smell amazing!"

  • Basically unscented

"I purchased this candle based on previewing the scent in one of the scented Yankee Candle catalogs. The smell is wonderful. Fresh, clean & pleasant. However the actual candle was a huge disappointment. I burned it for several hours in multiple environments and was never able to smell anything - AT ALL. I've been a Yankee customer for 20 years and this is the first time something was so bad I had to return it. I gave this candle 3 stars however because returning it was an absolute breeze. The store employee coudn't possibly have been any nicer. It's nice to see a company that stands behind it's products with a TRUE 100% money back guarantee. The employee said that this is one of their "lighter" scents. Maybe someone with a more sensitive nose will love this candle but I truly couldn't smell anything."

  • VERY Light scent

"This candle smells great! The problem is just that it has a minimal throw and really doesn't fill up a room. If lighter scented candles are your thing, then this is a great choice. I just prefer a little stronger of a scent than this particular candle gives."

  • what i hoped for

"although not as strong a scent as I prefer I do like this one".

  • Wishful Summer

"This is the first candle I bought. If you like a clean flower scent this is a great way to kick off a wishful summer! I did not think that the scent filled the room as strong as it did in the jar itself, I think if it was a little stronger scent in the air as it was lit, then I think it would make for an even better candle. (Try in a large, instead of medium) Otherwise I liked it! Great scent for in between spring and summer :D".


Yankee Candle A Child's Wish large jar



My closing thoughts: 
I got the heads up this fragrance will be retired this year, so get it while you can.
This candle seems to have a light throw...It still sounds like it would be a fun fragrance to try. What do "childhood memories" smell like? If it reminds me of growing up as a country kid, running around in the sunshine, climbing trees, and picking berries, being barefoot 24/7... I would like to try this. It seems the affordable way to do so is to buy a tart or votive off Amazon or Ebay.
Should I get to try this, I will post my review at a later date.



*Summer Wish was released in Jars, Votives, and Wax Tarts.


Have you tried "Summer Wish/A Child's Wish" by Yankee Candle?


Tell me what you thought, Reviews are needed on this candle. Inquiring minds want to know what it smells like!



Til' Next Time!
A Child's Wish profile
The Candle Queen <3

No comments:

Post a Comment