Friday, February 15, 2019

SPOTLIGHT: Yankee Candle Retired/Discontinued Candle Profile - 2 X 4

Yankee Candle 2 X 4

PROFILE:   Yankee Candle- "2 X 4"  Scented Candle

Year of Release: 2012
Year Retired: 2012
Collection: Man Candles

Yankee Candle 2 X 4 label

Description:

The warm, unmistakable scent of freshly planed wood and sawdust evokes a sense of confidence and quality. 

Yankee Candle 2 X 4 large jar
                                            Fragrance Notes:  sawdust, wood
                                        Top: ??
                                        Mid: ??
                                        Base: ??

Want to smell it? Be prepared to spend $100+ to get your hands on one.

NBC News review: "The guys said they would burn 2 x 4 when they have house guests, but one of them remarked that it reminded him more of candy shop caramels rather than newly laid hardwood floors"

one review I found gave this candle's fragrance a 3/5 star rating.

 "2X4 amazingly brings to life the smell of a woodshop. The smell of sawdust and oil is captured in this unique candle. Not my cup of tea but it’s certainly true to life!"


Other scents under Man Candles collection: Riding Mower, First Down, Man Town

Yankee Candles Man Candles Collection


My closing thoughts: 
This is definitely now a collector fragrance. I would love to just smell it to see if it smelled like the lumber area of a home depot. I worked at Home depot 10 years ago, so I'm super familiar with it. I hope they didn't add any musk or masculine cologne notes. I would enjoy this candle. I love the smell of sawdust and freshly cut wood. Maybe someday they'll bring this back. I have no idea how well it sold in 2012 & 2014, but people are more into mandles NOW than ever.

*Man Candles were only released as JARS or CAR JARS.

Have you tried the "2 X 4" Man Candle by Yankee Candles?
Tell me what you thought, Reviews are needed on this candle. Inquiring minds want to know what it smells like!

Til Next Time!
Yankee Candle 2 x 4 profile










The Candle Queen <3

No comments:

Post a Comment